Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Won! Now What?

Sorry. Yeah, I am sorry readers for staying away for so long. I have so much to write about, but I also have so much work to do.

Since my last post finished with me promising to tell you what I was going to do with the treasury, I suppose I should start there.

First of all, I know this is old news, but...

I Won!

I give my thanks to all of you who voted for me and basically put your trust in me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We have had two official meetings already and it is starting to feel like we are pushing this thing off the ground. It´s a slow start, but we had to reorganize and lay the groundwork for growth. The actual money of DAAR was delivered to me and I will be posting the details of the transactions on the Democrats Abroad site very shortly.

We are going to be looking for people to lead standing committees. It will be a great chance for anyone who actually wants to do something, to belong to a movement and to actually effect change in their community. I will let Mike make that announcement though.

As for me, once I post the details of the Treasury, I will have completed a promise of making that transaction as transparent as possible. I am very approachable and I urge any of you to reach out to me with any ideas, doubts, suggestions as to what you want from your Democratic Party in Argentina.

I plan on making this as transparent as possible and representative as possible as well.

Meanwhile, I have lots of pictures to post on my trip to Patagonia; I have several new client announcements for Sugar & Spice; And I could make so much fun of the Republican party right now, but I have so much to do and they are just being so goofy on their own little selves. Well, okay, maybe I don´t have time, but these guys do...

They have a new emperor you know.

And just to remind yourself just who lead the Repubs and the rest of the country into this clusterfuck of a situation, here is a round up of "President Bush´s Legacy: One of Our Greatest Presidents by Jon Swift"--a reasonable conservative who likes to write about politics and culture. Since the media is biased he gets all his news from Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and Jay Leno monologues.

Politics have never been so funny.

No comments: