“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.”
--William E. Gladstone
We opened up our very first franchise store a little over a month ago at the Dot Shopping Mall. We did not want to be another little shop that served coffee.
Everyone serves coffee!
We noticed that very few places served tea. Tea has started to grow in Argentina, but it´s still a novelty. Under the same spirit that drove me to start a gourmet cookie business (because it just did not exist here) we decided to give tea a try.
We picked out the blends we liked most and it came down to 7 blends and 2 rooibos blends.
- Ceylon and Earl Grey - These are the two classic black tea blends that we chose for those that know what they want and nothing else matters. If you are set in your ways, we have your classic black teas.
- Festivo - This is a green and black tea blend that also has flower petals. This pairs nicely with our Budín Ingles.
- Very Berry - Another black tea blend that incorporates patagonia berries and blueberries. The aroma from this one will lead you to agree with its name. This one goes great with our almond biscotti.
- Dulce de Leche - Yep, we mixed dulce de leche into this tea blend and it actually has little cubes of dulce de leche. It´s an instant classic paired with our very moist banana pound cake!
- Imperial Berry (Pu-Erh)- In China this tea is actually known or called as a red tea. It is a special type of tea that begs to have its own classification. It is a postfermented tea and ours comes from the Yunnan province in China and it includes strawberries, orange and vanilla.
- Chai - Our last black tea on the list. This is a classic black tea from India with ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves. This one you can make directly in milk! This one can be paired with any of our chocolate cookies, chocolate pound cake, and banana pound cake.
- Lemon Flower - This rooibos is one of our most popular and it pairs naturally with our lemon poppyseed pound cake. Both actually complement and bring out the citrus quality in each.
- Madagascar - Another favorite rooibos blend that mixes coconut, cocoa and vanilla. Anything with chocolate goes well with this.
Apart from the tea we wanted to create something unique at the store. We obviously have all of our gourmet cookies, cakes, biscotti and savory cookies, but we also have gifts that are unique to our stores as well as many tea accessories.
Each day we feature two teas that you could buy as take out at the mall. So come on by and say hello and I promise that you will always be greeted with a sampling of our delicacies as well as some tea to go.