Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Simple Bagel and Honey?

"the first printed mention of bagels...is to be found in the Community Regulations of Kracow, Poland, for the year 1610 which stated that bagels would be given as a gift to any woman in childbirth."
'The Joys of Yiddish' by Leo Rosten

I never knew Bagels were given to pregnant women as gifts before, but the very first mention of bagels in print form basically says that is what should be done with bagels.
Nunca supe que los bagels fueron regalados a mujeres embarazadas, pero la primer mención escrita en el mundo dice que eso es exactamente lo que se debe hacer con los bagels (ademas de comerlos).

I will have to keep that in mind for any future pregnant gift baskets from Sugar & Spice!
Voy a tener que tener eso en mente para algún futuro regalo a embarazadas de Sugar & Spice!

This morning though, I wanted to share another bagel inspiration. This one is simple (sort of). I drizzled a little Tasmanian Leatherwood Honey on our toasted cinnamon raisin bagel.
Hoy quise compartir otra inspiración culinaria sobre los bagels. Esta es simple, mas o menos. Le puse un poco de miel de Tasmania sobre un bagel tostado de canela y pasas.

I just love this honey and to be honest I don't even remember where I got it. It is a very unique tasting honey. It is not overly sweet and I can get a vivid picture of what the leatherwood flower might be like from the aroma and taste of this honey.
Esta miel es una de mis favoritas en todo el mundo. Ni me acuerdo donde la compramos. Es muy particular el sabor de esta miel. No es super dulce y cuando la pruebo me puedo imaginar como seria la flor del arbol Leatherwood.

Here is a blog post that waxes poetic on this particular honey and why it is so unique.
Encontré un blog donde escriben específicamente sobre esta miel y describen porque es única.

Finally now I have something noble and worthy to go with one of my favorite honeys in the world. Now I have my own freshly baked bagels.
Finalmente tengo algo noble y digno para acompañar unas de mis mieles favoritas, los bagels de Sugar & Spice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Honey is good on almost any type of bread for pregnant women and the rest of us:) But the best part is that it is excellent for the skin.

Steven Page said...

Now, this looks good.