Translate

Monday, December 17, 2007

Fundacion Leer Reading Marathon 2007


A while back, I wrote about Fundacion Leer (Reading is Fundamental Argentina) and their reading marathon, which took place on the 5th of October. I promised that I would write the results of this year´s events and so as promised here are the results:

  • 2,401,099 children participated in the marathon
  • 162,158 adults from over 8,000 institutions volunteered and helped those kids develop a love for books and reading on that day.

Mind you, these are kids that live in homes where the only book the family does own, most likely, is that same book those children chose to be their very own that day.

"Wow" does not even begin describe what I think, but it is the only thing I can think of saying when I think about it.

1 comment:

hulag said...

A reading Marathon? That would be fun and enjoyable for kids. A marvelous idea!