Translate

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rain of Biblical Proportions



Maybe if the rain doesn´t work they can switch to voodoo dolls. Meanwhile we still have States that would rather have our teachers not teach evolution.

At least there was a reply on Television to this sillyness and I post it below:




I know I seem to be all over the place with this, but really people. There is something wrong when we have to argue about the validity of teaching Evolution in our schools and having a segment of the population praying to their God for a political prank. Believe me, voodoo dolls are not that far a stretch from this.

I am currently living in one of the most religious countries on this continent and I don´t see nearly the same level of idiocies as I see coming from the religious right of the United States. Grant it, this group has it´s baggage ( a lot of bad history here and plenty to criticize), but that is a whole other ball of wax that I can´t tackle here.

Well if you must and you know Spanish you can go to Alerta Religion for that. If you want to read from the same author, but in English then you can click -here- and get a whole slew of material.

Meanwhile one of the most trusted names in the news industry is a comedian (Jon Stewart). He held a breakfast with the news media and my favorite quote from that event was "Why do I take this more seriously than you?".

Way to go Jon!

Maybe we do need rain of biblical proportions, but I would like this rain to wash away this idea that the church and the State have anything to do with each other and that it gets some reporters wet. I am a "Glass half full" kind of guy so I will take this as a good start.
Post a Comment