Translate

Friday, September 19, 2008

It Happened to Francis Ford Coppola As Well

A while back Francis Ford Coppola had his computer stolen when thieves broke into his property in Palermo Viejo. Being a neighbor of his (I live two blocks away) I have noticed how most of the businesses have been targeted and have been victims of theft. I knew it only had to be a matter of time before my own business was targeted.

Actually, last year, I did have some theft problems and those did catch me off guard. I never thought they would steal metal gratings???

This year the buggers got a bit more daring. They winched up the metal curtain, propped it up with a metal rod, broke the glass door and took off with the computer.

Could it have been a jealous competitor; a hungry dad wishing to feed his kids; or riff raff that hangs out at the train tracks across the boulevard?

I would put my money on that last option.

Between people calling me to tell me they have one of my relatives in the trunk of their car, being in a street that once a year turns into a river, and now this, I must be crazy to keep at it. But you know what? I would be crazy to do otherwise; I love this place.

I just have to come up with a better way to protect the store.

Below are some pictures of the aftermath. Later on I will upload a little video I shot of the store.


Post a Comment