Translate

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goodbye Democrats Abroad!

Hopefully yesterday was the very last meeting that I participate in with this organization.

For those that know me, it's common knowledge that I did not have such a great time these last two years with regards to Democrats Abroad.

However, I can't help but be grateful for those that, two years ago, took the time to vote me into office.

I wish I could have done more for you.

The people who attended the meeting got a peek into some of the craziness that I have put up with for the past two years.

The ones that showed up to the bar afterwords got more of the details.

I am glad I got to get some of that off my chest at Sugar Bar. I was really happy to see quite a few people show up to have a beer with us.

I also feel pretty bad for those that showed up. Not enough of us made it to the meeting and we needed 25 people to reach a quorum. Sadly, we got up to about 19 people.

I also feel pretty bad for the three brave souls who ran for office.

I wish I could have done more for you too.

As for what's going to happen next with Democrats Abroad Argentina, I don't have a clue. Yanqui Mike has promised to look into the matter and let us all know.

Meanwhile, I am going to take some distance for a while and try to reflect on my DAA experience.
Post a Comment