Translate

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Chicago Style Pizza in Buenos Aires

When I first came to Buenos Aires I naturally started to miss some things from home. Home made Chocolate Chip cookies was one, Biscotti another, and recently, on the savory side I have added Chicago style pizza and a Chicago Style Hot dog.

This last weekend I had the great privilege of trying Dan's home made Chicago Style pizza pictured below:
This pizza was not a stuffed pizza like you would find in this Wikipedia article on the subject; however, it had the crust done right; the sausage was homemade as well, and the combination of sausage, onions, and peppers took me back home. My mouth is watering again just thinking about it. Thank you Dan!

I have been able to do something about the cookies and the biscotti, now the hot dog I will leave for another post in the near future.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taste , is the best time machine.

SaltShaker said...

You're welcome!

Yes, those of us from the midwest U.S. know what a hotdog really should be. We'll work on it - after all, we're making our own sausages here at Casa S, maybe we'll have to whip up a Detroit Red Hot (okay, for you, a Chicago Red Hot)...

Unknown said...

Nicor,

You are so right!

Dan,

You are the man! Maybe we can get someone to bring in some poppy seed buns for the occasion.

Anonymous said...

Frank, after years of living in BA and seeing your products around I finally got aound to buying some. They are TOO good, felicitaciones viejo! You yanquis know a thing or two about kick-ass chocolate biscuits. Now just teach me to stop when i have eaten half the pack please...

Unknown said...

Hi Roger,

Thanks!

I have a hard time with that myself. I try to share them as much as possible so that I don't eat the whole bag by myself.

Anonymous said...

My friend also bought some of your products and he got all positive things to say about it.

Unknown said...

Hi Finance,

Are you in Argentina?

Anonymous said...

Oh, how unjust to report on a delicious homemade pizza. ;-)

My mouth is watering at the sight of those onions.

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell all that, that pizza looks magically delicious right about now! Its screaming EAT ME! EAT ME!

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy and Chicago,

Your latest comments just took me back to that pizza. It was awsome, hands down, the best home made pizza I have ever had.